Sunday, February 17, 2013

NCIS Association (NCISA) Florida Chapter


You know, when you have dedicated yourself to something for most of your life, it's difficult to let go, especially when it has been as rewarding as a career as an NCIS special agent.  After retiring in November 2008, I received a welcome email from Diana F., the Secretary / Treasurer of the NCIS Association known as NCISA.  This is a fraternal organization comprised of retirees from every segment of NCIS to include special agents and professional staff alike.  During my conversation with Diana, I asked her for the point of contact for the Florida chapter.  Diana informed me that there once was a Florida chapter, but it disbanded many years ago.  I offered to make an effort to resurrect the chapter and Diana provided me with the contact information of all 80 plus retires now residing either full time or part time in the Sunshine State.  After personally contacting each retiree, either via email or telephone, I conducted our first meeting in Tampa on January 30, 2010 at The Green Iguana Restaurant.  By-Laws were reviewed, elections were held and so began the official rebirth of the NCISA Florida chapter with yours truly as its president.   I served as the NCISA chapter president for nearly three years before passing the baton this month.  Our chapter continues to grow in member participation and enthusiasm.  A website for the Florida Chapter is in its planning stages.  The organization's National Association's official website is:  http://www.ncisa.org.




No comments:

Post a Comment